All of our staff are required to have a Background Check and to complete the Abuse Awareness Online Course. The Criminal Background and Sex Offender Check Form must be done every year for each staff member. Also, you are required to take a Sexual Abuse Awareness course that is approved by the State of Texas and designated by Camp Koinonia.
- To complete the Background Check, follow the instructions
- If you have not already done so, go to https://www.ministryopportunities.org/BeltonCOC
- Complete the form in order to comply with Texas Health Department standards.
- To complete the Abuse Awareness Online Course,
- You must complete this in one sitting
- It will take about an hour
- Follow these instructions:
- Click this link – http://www.campapplication.com/
- In the left hand column, select “Camp Koinonia” in the list of camps
- Enter your full name to create an account. Click “Submit”.
- Enter your Basic information and click “Submit” to begin.
- Make sure that to pay particular attention to the “Key Learning Points” on each page as you read through the training material.
- At the end of each section of training, you will be given a few test questions over the material.
- Be aware that to receive credit for the course a score of 70% must be achieved on a concluding exam. Scores are not published. The camp administrator is made aware of who has completed and passed the training.
Below you will find helpful resources for our Journey Group Leaders and Cabin Counselors. They are all .PDF files.